The World of Blackwater
The greatest migration of any animals on our planet happens every night in the form of Zooplankton rising from the depths towards the surface, where divers can meet and enjoy the weird, exotic, and wonderful creatures that appear. The World of Blackwater is an e-Book that is the first of its kind. In it, we show a unique hidden world on our planet and learn about exotic creatures and contemplate what it must be like to drift with them in the open ocean at night.
The contents of The World of Blackwater include:
- Forward by G. David Johnson PhD
- Introduction to Blackwater Diving
- Diel Migration and the Great Carbon Pump
- Cephalopods - 21 species of Octopus and Squid
- Crustaceans - 13 species of Crabs & Shrimps
- Larval Fish - 45 species of Larval Fish & Flatfish
- Jellyfish & Other Gelatinous Creatures - 16 species
- Marine Worms and Pteropods - 19 species
- Photographic Skills
- Alphabetical index Also available as an Apple iBook here.
You will receive this great identification guide as a PDF file. Check out some of the sample images above. The document is best viewed for the full experience with a proprietary PDF viewer other than Adobe's.